This describes a driving trip from Sydney, up the Pacific Highway to Brisbane, on to Noosa Heads, and then a return via the New England Highway.
There was about a week of total travel time in this trip. Although there was a lot of driving involved, interesting and varied scenery was not hard to find with some detours of the main roads.
- Mid-North Coast Taree, Laurieton and Port Macquarie
- North Coast Kempsey, Coffs Harbour through to Ballina
- Byron Bay Dramatic scenery and a party culture.
- Brisbane Exploring the state capital
- Sunshine Hinterland Glasshouse Mountains and Waterfall district
- Sunshine Coast Caloundra through to Noosa Heads
- Gold Coast The high-rise night-life capital
- New England Waterfall Way, Armidale and Tamworth