In 2008 I took my second trip to Christchurch. The primary aim of the trip was to attend a conference, but the inconvenience of some flight schedules left me with a few extra days to look around the city. As part of this trip, I also have pages on New Zealand South Island, which relate some additional travel in the same trip.
Christchurch is a fairly small city, but has a lot of diversity to make it an interesting place. The city centre itself is characteristed by its historic buildings, and the surroundings by the rugged natural landscape of New Zealand's south island.
- City Centre The centre of Christchurch.
- Port Hills The Hills backing Christchurch, and over to Lyttleton.
- Hamner Springs A nearby daytrip destination.
- Walking the Streets Some city culture.
- Botanic Gardens Acres of manicured nature.
- Beaches Christchurch coastal districts.
- Glimpses Photography in the Detail.